Maryland primary care and wellness healthcare providers are licensed to certify patients for medical marijuana. We will connect you with a great healthcare professional so you can become certified for medical marijuana if you have a qualifying medical condition.
How to get a Maryland Medical Marijuana Card
Step 1: Register as a patient with Maryland Medicinal Cannabis Commission
- Adult Patients (18+ years of age):
- Minor Patients (Under 18 years of age):
- Caregivers must register with the Commission prior to registering the minor patient. Registering a minor patient requires additional forms, one of which must be notarized.
Step 2– Book an appointment.
Call or schedule an appointment with our clinic for your initial consultation. We offer same day or next day appointments.
- Anybody who is a resident of Maryland over 18 years is eligible to register with the Maryland medical cannabis commission on purchase medical cannabis in the state of Maryland if their physician recommends it as a treatment option. Patients under 18 will need a parent or guardian to register as their caregiver. Click here to learn more about the certification process. (Process to Legally Obtain Medical Cannabis (maryland.gov)
Step 3-Evaluation with a Doctor:
During this visit the Physician will review your medical history to determine your qualifying medical condition. Please bring all pertinent medical records to this visit.
Qualifying medical conditions: Any medical condition can qualify as long as your physician determines that medical marijuana will be beneficial. Here is a list of the most common conditions for which we have been certifying patients.
- Wasting syndrome
- Severe or Chronic pain
- Severe nausea
- Severe or persistent muscle spasms
- Posttraumatic stress disorder [PTSD]
- Any chronic medical condition which is severe and for which other treatments have been ineffective.
Step 4- Medical history:
We encourage patients to provide proof of the chronic medical condition such as medical records from other physicians, imaging results [x-rays, CT scans, MRIs, ultrasounds]. Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission (MMCC) requires that you have a bona fide physician-patient relationship with the certifying physician and they must approve medical cannabis as a treatment option for a qualifying medical condition.
Once approved you will be immediately certified using your State issued ID and will be able to purchase medical marijuana at local dispensaries right away.
If you are looking to obtain your medical marijuana certification, call Maryland Primary Care and Wellness in Upper Marlboro & Silver Spring, MD at (301) 627-3500.