Preventive Care Starts at Maryland Primary Care and Wellness
Dr. Albert Takem directs the Maryland Primary Care and Wellness clinic in Upper Marlboro, MD, Silver Spring, MD, and Washington, DC.
Our doctor advocates excellent health and wellness through preventive care, thus, preventing diseases and illnesses from entering the body. Please read on to discover how you and your family can put preventive care to work in your life.
All About Preventive Healthcare
Doctors must work to prevent these illnesses from happening in the first place. Prevention of illness is the critical factor in maintaining optimal health and wellness.
The responsibility for optimal health and wellness is not the sole responsibility of the physician; patients must take some responsibility.
Patients must work closely with their primary care doctor to make preventive care work. Doctors have the following responsibilities to you.
- Perform a comprehensive gender-specific physical exam.
- Monitor and help control vital signs, height, weight, blood sugar
- Order necessary blood tests, lab work, x-rays, ultrasound, mammograms, and MRIs as needed
- Prescribe and monitor the effectiveness of medications.
- Advocate and administer select recommended vaccinations.
- Prescribe medically necessary diets and order nutritional counseling as needed.
- Monitor for mental health disorders, medicate, and recommend counseling as required.
- Recommend lifestyle changes like quitting smoking, alcohol, or harmful drug use.
- Recommend exercise programs.
You are responsible for attaining the highest quality of life through preventive care and the help of your doctor. Your responsibilities are as follows.
- Make and follow through with regular health check-ups with the primary care doctor.
- Keep blood pressure, weight, and blood sugar in the expected range.
- Follow through with doctor-ordered testing.
- Take prescribed medications as ordered and report possible side effects so the doctor can monitor them.
- Take recommended vaccinations
- Follow prescribed medical diets and seek nutritional counseling as needed.
- Follow an exercise program as recommended by the doctor.
- Make doctor appointments for acute illnesses and follow the doctor's recommendations to improve health.
Preventative Care Starts Here
Please call Dr.Takem at the Maryland Primary Care and Wellness clinic in Upper Marlboro, MD, Silver Spring, MD, and Washington, DC, today for your preventive care appointment.